In PEI, we accept many kinds of light bulbs for recycling, including CFLs, fluorescent tubes, incandescent and halogen bulbs, LEDs and HIDs. The program does not accept light fixtures – if you have unwanted light bulbs, separate the bulbs from your light fixtures where possible and bring only the bulbs to our recycling locations.
When dropping off light bulbs, remember:
- You can return up to 16 light bulbs at once (any combination of different types of bulbs)
- Compact fluorescent lights (CFLs)
- Fluorescent tubes (straight, curved, U, circular, square, etc.
- UV and germicidal bulbs
- Incandescent and halogen bulbs
- Light emitting diodes (LEDs)
- Ultra High Performance (UHP) (replacement projector lamps)
- High-intensity discharge (HIDs)
Not Accepted Products:
- Light fixtures, ballasts, or any other type of bulb not included in the accepted products list.