In Ontario, we accept many kinds of lighting products for recycling, including light bulbs and fluorescent tubes. The program accepts incandescent, LED and mercury containing light bulbs and tubes. The program does not include lighting fixtures, ballasts or string lights.
When dropping off lights remember:
- You can return a combination of accepted light bulbs and tubes at any of the collection sites across Ontario
- Take care in handling light bulbs and tubes to prevent breakage. Collection sites collect whole, intact light bulbs and tubes that have not been intentionally crushed
- If you have more than 5 kgs of lighting to drop off, a collection site may not be able to take that volume of lighting all at once. Contact the collection site or email@example.com to verify if your volume of lighting can be accepted in a single drop off. Certain collection locations may require contact information for drop offs that exceed 5 kgs of lighting in a single drop off.
- If you have more than 1 pallet of lights, visit the Commercial Volumes page to see if you qualify for free lights pickup.
- Compact fluorescent lights (CFLs)
- Fluorescent tubes (straight, curved, U, circular, square, etc.)
- High-intensity discharge (HIDs) and special purpose bulbs
- Incandescent and halogen bulbs
- Miniature bulbs
- Light emitting diodes (LEDs)
- Ultra High Performance (UHP) (replacement projector lamps)
- UV and germicidal bulbs
Not Accepted Products:
- Light fixtures
- String lights
- Lights integrated into a product