Since 2012, Product Care Recycling has been supporting the creation of local jobs in Newfoundland and Labrador and protecting the planet through our paint recycling program.
There are over 60 recycling locations in the province where you can drop off your leftover paint for free.
Some of these recycling locations also offer free leftover paint to their communities through our PaintShare program. Use our recycling locator to find a PaintShare location near you.
When dropping off your paint remember:
- Paint must be in its original container, tightly sealed with the labels affixed.
- Do not mix different types of paint products together. Our recycling locations can’t accept paint which has been mixed with other products
- You can bring up to 10 containers of paint or 50 spray cans at a time (no larger than 25 litres for paint or 680g / 24oz for paint aerosols)
We accept many types of residential paint, as well as empty paint containers.
- Interior and exterior paint: water-based (e.g. latex, acrylic) and oil-based (e.g. alkyd, enamel)
- Empty paint cans – metal or plastic
- Deck and floor coating (including elastomeric)
- Varnish and urethane (single-component)
- Concrete and masonry paint
- Drywall paint
- Undercoats and primers (e.g. metal, wood etc.)
- Stucco paint
- Marine paint (unless registered under Pest Control Products Act)
- Wood finishing oil
- Melamine, metal and anti-rust paint, stain and shellac
- Swimming pool paint (single-component)
- Stain blocking paint
- Textured paint
- Block filler
- Wood preservatives (unless registered under Pest Control Act)
- Wood, masonry, driveway sealer or water repellent (non-tar based or bitumen based)
Aerosol paint of all types, including:
Not Accepted Products:
The following types of paint and paint related products are excluded from the program, including the empty containers.
- Industrial paints & finishes (e.g. baked-on, heat resistant etc.)
- Craft paint (non-aerosol)
- Paints or wood preservatives that are registered as a pesticide under the Pest Control Products Act
(has a PCP Registration number on label)
- Paint thinner, mineral spirits or solvents
- Automotive paint (non-aerosol)
- Two-part or component paints containing catalyst or activator
- Roof patch or repair
- Tar or tar/bitumen-based products
- Traffic or line marking paint (non-aerosol)
- Deck cleaners
- Colorants and tints
- Caulking compound, epoxies, glues or adhesives
- Brushes, rags and rollers
- Unidentifiable or unlabelled containers
- Improperly sealed paint containers
- Paint containers with poor integrity (e.g. badly rusted or leaking cans)
- Bulging containers
- Paint in glass containers
- Other household chemicals