In British Columbia, you can drop off your old and broken smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms at more than 200 locations, including private and municipal recycling depots, retail stores, and fire halls. Use our recycling locator to find your nearest location.
- Smoke alarms
- Carbon monoxide (CO) alarms
- Combination smoke/CO alarms
You can drop off up to 40 smoke or CO alarms at once. If you have more, see commercial volumes.
Not Accepted Products:
- Alarm keypads
- Physically damaged smoke alarms
- Building-wide smoke/CO detector units
- Smoke detectors without an alarm function (typically installed in commercial buildings)