The Multi Materials Stewardship Board (MMSB) has approved the program plan for PCA’s Newfoundland and Labrador Paint Stewardship Program. The effective date of the new program plan is December 1, 2018 and the plan remains in effect until November 30, 2023. PCA is required to submit a new program plan before the expiry of the approved program plan.
The approved program plan was revised by PCA following comments received from MMSB to include a number of changes, including:
- Increasing recovery rate target to an average of 0.25% annual increase from the 2016 baseline year rate of 4.7%, resulting in a 6.2% annual recovery rate in 2022.
- Increasing consumer awareness throughout the term of this Plan, maintaining a consumer awareness level of between 60-70% by 2022.
- Committing to conduct bi-annual collection site visits.
- Conducting an annual assessment of the program’s performance by MMSB and PCA following the year end.
- Additional reporting requirements and details.
- A copy of the program plan and approval letter has been posted on PCA’s website: www.productcare.org.
If you have any questions or comments, please email Patti Walshe, Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.