Office Location: 2238 Yukon Street, Vancouver, BC
Product Care is a non-profit industry organization that develops and manages recycling programs across Canada and in the US. The Product Care team is committed to developing and managing sustainable recycling programs for lighting products, electronics, paint, pesticides, smoke alarms, household appliances and other products. Please visit http://www.productcare.org to learn more about us.
About The Position
The Accounting Technician is responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable clerical duties. In addition, the Accounting Technician will interact with customers to register, on board and inform them on the Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) regulations, policies and procedures related to their account at Product Care, including remitters relationships.
- Answer telephones and solve vendor and customer queries.
- Maintain and update customers’ and vendors’ records including contact information.
- Perform administrative tasks such as scanning and photocopying.
- Review and post vendor invoices.
- Review documentation to ensure completeness and appropriate calculations are accurate and that financial coding is correct; identifying discrepancies such as wrong account numbers, amounts missing and missing signatures.
- Verify that documents have not been previously processed.
- Set up, maintain and update control logs of invoices and documents processed.
- Post adjusting entries in accounting software.
- Follow up with vendors and PCA employees regarding invoice issues.
- Manage Product Care’s member registration approval process
- Contact delinquent participants for the Mattress Recycling Council programs (US)
- Follow up with members on remitter relationships
- Assist the AR team in various tasks (invoice posting, account reconciliation, payment inquiries, ad hoc projects)
- Other duties as required.
What You Bring
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Post-secondary education or experience in accounting.
- At least one year accounting experience and experience providing clear information to customers.
- Clear and concise English language abilities, both written and verbal.
- Clear and concise phone manner and communication style both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to effectively prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Working knowledge of basic record keeping and bookkeeping/accounting procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
- Intermediate skills using a variety of computerized software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint), related databases and Internet.
What We Offer
Product Care offers a competitive salary, and benefits package for this full-time position along with a dynamic, team-based work environment and the satisfaction of knowing your efforts are making a positive difference for the environment. This role is Monday to Friday with the opportunity with a partial remote work opportunity after the completion of a successful training and probationary period.
Please apply to Marion Janssen HR Consulting at firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible, as this position will immediately. Please provide a cover letter explaining your accounting experience and salary expectations.
We thank all that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.