Be part of a progressive solution to waste diversion!
Product Care Association is recruiting for an Ontario Recycling Program Coordinator position based near Pearson Airport, Toronto.
Product Care is a non-profit industry organization that develops and manages recycling programs across Canada and in the US. We are proud to manage collection and recycling programs for special waste products like paint, household hazardous wastes, lighting and smoke alarms. Please visit www.productcare.org to learn more about the organization and the programs we manage.
The successful candidate should be an enthusiastic and committed individual able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where multi-tasking is a must.
The Recycling Program Coordinator position is responsible for:
Member Recruitment & Support
– Identifying and recruiting companies, as well as providing ongoing support to members
Program Management & Reporting
– Assisting with the design, development and delivery of product stewardship programs
– Analyzing program performance data
– Providing support on program audits and quality control processes
– Preparing reports to PCA’s board of directors and provincial regulators
– Ensuring program commitments are met
– Coordinating and facilitating with other team members to ensure an efficient operation and effective service delivery of programs
– Preparing content for inclusion in communication materials for a variety of audiences (members, consumers, service providers etc.)
– Researching information on products and other program areas
– Categorizing products and managing product reviews
– Assisting in the development of program policies and processes
– Working with program industry members, service providers and stakeholders to develop, manage and expand a province-wide collection and recycling systems for end-of-life products.
– Responding to consumer and other stakeholder inquiries about stewardship programs
– Coordinating and preparing program meeting materials and reports
– Other administrative tasks and projects as required, including but not limited to data entry
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
– Relevant post-secondary education
– Experience with sales, recruiting, member or customer service
– Project management experience an asset
– Minimum 2 years related work experience
– Proven written, communication and analytical skills
– Detail and process-oriented
– Outgoing personality and enjoys interfacing with people
– Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment to deadlines
– Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and excellent computer skills
– Ability to work well with staff, program members and stakeholders in an open environment – Some travel may be required
– Valid driver license required
Product Care offers a competitive salary and benefits package for this regular, full time position along with a dynamic, team-based work environment and the satisfaction of knowing your efforts are making a positive difference for the environment. Please apply with your resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Ontario Program Coordinator 2019” in the subject and indicate your date of availability. Application deadline is October 25, 2019, but applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.