Are you self-motivated, proactive, a strong communicator, detail-oriented, and ready to join a collaborative team working hard to increase recycling and reduce waste across Canada? If so, please reach out to us!
About Product Care:
Product Care Association is a not-for-profit organization that develops and manages dynamic recycling programs across Canada and the US. We are proud to develop, implement and manage collection and recycling programs for special waste products, including lighting, paint, and household hazardous waste. Product Care’s members are the manufacturers, distributors, and retailers of these products, who share our passion for recycling and the environment. Please visit www.productcare.org to learn more about us and our recycling programs.
Product Care Association offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes professional development, RRSP matching program, and medical/dental group benefits coverage, along with a dynamic, team-based work environment and the satisfaction of knowing your efforts are making a positive difference for the environment.
A key member of Ontario’s growing team at Product Care Association, the Program Coordinator engages with stakeholders and supports program analysis and operations for the successful design, implementation, and delivery of a portfolio of extended producer responsibility (product stewardship/recycling) programs.
The Program Coordinator leads industry member recruitment and stakeholder engagement, performs program analytics to support program development, implementation and performance monitoring, and collaborates with team members across Canada to continuously improve program delivery. The position reports to the Program Manager and is based out of Product Care’s Ontario office with a hybrid in-office/remote work week.
• Leads industry member recruitment for Product Care Ontario’s growing portfolio including research of prospective producers and onboarding of new members
• Leads collection site onboarding and provides excellent customer service for collection site partners
• Supports collection site partners with program promotion and education resources
• Supports the establishment of a collection network across Ontario to ensure that products can be effectively collected at their end-of-life and meet regulatory requirements
• Performs data analytics to inform business decisions
• Conduct research and analysis to assess program performance
• Supports program(s) in fulfilling regulatory obligations and completing regulatory filings
• Develops quarterly and annual program reports
• Supports operational logistics, shipping and customer service
• Other duties as required
General candidate qualities:
• Post-secondary education related to environmental studies, sustainability, engineering, business related discipline.
• Minimum 2 years’ work experience in waste management/recycling, stewardship would be an asset
• Strong, professional written and oral communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail for precise analysis of data
• Self-starter, with a proactive approach to problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Ability to work well with a team and as an individual contributor
• Accountable and responsible
• Excellent task and time management skills: prioritizing, multitasking, working with deadlines
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Experience with databases and data querying (e.g. CRM) would be an asset
• French is an asset but not required
• Ability to travel from time to time
• Valid driver’s license is required
Please apply with your cover letter and resume in confidence to email@example.com quoting “Ontario Program Coordinator” in the subject line. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Product Care is an equal opportunity employer.