Job Posting: Program Coordinator
Full time, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Hybrid – minimum 2 days per week in the office
Location: 2238 Yukon Street, Vancouver, BC
Product Care Association is a not-for-profit organization that develops and manages dynamic recycling programs across Canada and in the US. We are proud to develop, implement and manage collection and recycling programs for special waste products, including lighting, paint, and household hazardous waste. Product Care’s members are the manufacturers, distributors, and retailers of these products, who share our passion for recycling and the environment. Please visit www.productcare.org to learn more about us and our recycling programs.
About The Position
The Program Coordinator is a leadership and accountability role within the Programs team, responsible for developing, enhancing, and managing the execution of one or more province-wide collection and recycling programs.
- Coordinate and lead program management activities to ensure compliance with regulations, adherence to timelines, and ongoing improvement.
- Establish yourself as the subject matter expert (e.g., regulatory guidelines, product related details, etc.) and primary point of contact for all aspects of the program.
- Manage assigned programs with a commitment to accountability, while also being prepared to assist with tasks across various programs and departments, contributing to the broader team’s success.
- Maintain ownership and accountability for assigned programs, while also providing support to the Programs department.
- Plan, organize and manage program(s) with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Support the coordination and operation of program collection sites.
- Prepare program reports and other documentation for internal and regulatory reporting, including analyzing program performance data.
- Ensure compliance of program, with regulatory and program plan commitments.
- ensure timely and accurate annual reporting.
- Coordinate with various departments to lead and deliver commitments and deliverables.
- Facilitate member inquiries and product classification.
- Develop and maintain a tracking system for product classification and product guides.
- Draft new program plans and program plan renewals.
- Develop and maintain policies and guidelines to support members.
- Correspondence with regulators as required.
- Provide content and information to the communication department for the creation of support materials for the programs, such as included and excluded products for the program.
- Ensure that communication materials follow specific program and jurisdictional requirements.
- Conduct product research and categorization as required.
- Respond to stakeholder (consumers, collection sites etc.) inquires in a timely fashion.
- Oversee any program-related projects and analysis as required.
- Support in program development, including member outreach and recruitment and expanding collection networks.
- Support and provide training resources to collection sites and members.
- Prepare presentations with partners, attend trade shows and conferences, as required.
- Organize promotional events to promote programs.
What You Bring
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in administration, regulatory affairs, economics, environmental studies, or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years working with environmental programs, regulatory compliance, and regulations.
- Direct experience in stakeholder relations, waste management/EPR and stewardship would be an asset.
- Strong, professional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Self-starter, with a proactive approach to problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work well with a team and as an individual contributor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Experience with waste management logistics and reviewing transportation documentation would be an asset.
- Legally able to work in Canada full time, without restrictions.
What We Offer
- Product Care offers a competitive salary ($53,000 to $65,000 per year depending upon experience) and a comprehensive benefit, including RRSP matching program, along with a dynamic, team-based work environment and the satisfaction of knowing your efforts are making a positive difference for the environment.
- During the ninety days probation period, the successful candidate will be working in our office location. Thereafter, they may be eligible to work in a hybrid model.
Please apply asap by sending your cover letter with Program Coordinator in the title, including salary expectations and resume, to Marion Janssen HR Consulting at firstname.lastname@example.org, by no later than Friday, December 1, 2023.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.