Product Care Recycling is recruiting for a full time Plant Supervisor based at its Delta, BC plant.
Product Care is a non-profit industry organization that develops and manages recycling programs across Canada and in the US. The Product Care team is committed to developing and managing sustainable recycling programs for lighting products, electronics, paint, pesticides, smoke alarms, household appliances and other products. Please visit http://www.productcare.org to learn more about us.
Product Care operates a 45,000 square feet paint recycling plant in the Tilbury area of Delta, which employs approximately 26 staff, and operates 7 days a week, 3 shifts per day during peak season, and 5 days/2 shifts in the off season. The main function of the Delta plant is to process the 27,000 bins of leftover paint containers collected annually through the Product Care BC paint recycling program, as well as to manage other products.
The Plant Supervisor position is based at the Product Care Delta plant and reports to the Operations Manager. Work hours are Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm. The plant operates on two shifts, 6 am – 2:30 pm and 2:15 pm – 10:45 pm, and on occasion, the Plant Supervisor may need to join one of those shifts.
The Plant Supervisor responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing day to day plant operations to ensure smooth operations.
- Scheduling of incoming and outgoing loads.
- Staff management, scheduling and job assignments.
- Fostering a productive, efficient, and safe culture in the operations team.
- Implementing production, productivity, quality and standards within the operations team.
- Identifying and resolving problems that hinder efficiency, and teamwork by working directly with production staff.
- Working with the operations team to develop system improvements and standard operating procedures.
- Implementing and monitoring change by working alongside production staff.
- Improve production efficiency and compliance.
- Other tasks and functions as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Supervision or management experience in a production or recycling/waste management environment
- Experience with systems flow, and analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with strong analytical capabilities.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team and results oriented environment.
- People and service oriented.
- Ideally certified to operate a 5000lbs. sit down lift truck.
- Steel toed boots required.
Product Care offers a competitive salary and benefits package for this regular, full time position along with a dynamic, team-based work environment and the satisfaction of knowing your efforts are making a positive difference for the environment. Please apply in confidence by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting “Plant Supervisor 2019” in the subject line. Please indicate when you would be able to start.
We thank all that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The deadline for application is April 12, 2019.