Product Care Recycling is a Canadian not-for-profit working to protect the environment by providing free recycling services in nine provinces. Product Care encourages individuals and businesses to reduce their waste and reuse when possible, and we provide recycling solutions for post-consumer products. Check us out at productcare.org.
About the role
Product Care is looking for a Marketing Specialist to join our dynamic team and assist in driving our consumer awareness and public education strategy forward. The successful candidate will be a responsible and reliable self-starter who is eager to explore a broad range of marketing and communications opportunities, and who loves to learn, test, and improve.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing or communications
- Minimum 3 years’ demonstrated experience in a marketing or hybrid marketing communications role
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and good at managing up – nothing slips through the cracks on your watch
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment with multiple projects on the go at any given time, and can effectively manage competing priorities
- A strong commitment to meeting deadlines while maintaining a high quality of work
Requirements for this role include:
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- Ability to craft engaging content from blog and social media posts to ad copy and news releases
- Familiarity with various marketing channels and tactics (digital and traditional)
- Experience assisting with the development of marketing and communications strategies and campaign concepts
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign and Illustrator)
- Understanding of brand guidelines and ability to use appropriate tone of voice for different channels and audiences
- Proficiency updating websites on platforms like WordPress (no coding required)
- Social media expertise, including writing and scheduling content, responding to comments/messages in a timely and professional manner
- Experience liaising with agencies, graphic designers, and external vendors
- Strong service-orientation, with ability to work cross-functionally with other departments and external stakeholders
- Administrative support will also be required, including managing MailChimp newsletters, updating presentation materials, processing invoices, and coordinating distribution of marketing collateral
- Supporting other departmental or organizational initiatives, as identified by the Communications Manager
This is a permanent full-time position currently accommodating remote work, subject to approval, due to COVID-19. Product Care’s brand-new office is located near Cambie and West 6th Avenue in Vancouver. Our intent will be to transition to a work from home/office mix at an appropriate time in the future. Typical hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm. Product Care offers a comprehensive benefits package. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Specialist” in the subject line.