Be part of a progressive solution to recycling, the circular economy and waste diversion!
Who we are:
Product Care Association of Canada is a non-profit industry organization that develops and manages dynamic recycling programs across Canada and in the US. We are proud to develop, implement and manage collection and recycling programs for special waste products, including lighting, smoke alarms, paint, and household hazardous waste, providing consumers with an option to manage their end-of-life products in an environmentally friendly, sustainable, and responsible manner. Please visit www.productcare.org to learn more about us and our recycling programs.
A key member of a dynamic management team at Product Care Association, the Senior Program Manager is responsible for the successful design, implementation, and delivery of an important portfolio of extended producer responsibility (product stewardship/recycling) programs.
The Senior Program Manager leads the programs team in working collaboratively with regulators, service providers, industry members and other departments within Product Care to continuously improve on program delivery, while maintaining regulatory compliance, to ensure the ongoing success of programs. The position reports to the Vice President of Operations and is based out of Product Care’s head office in Vancouver with the option of a hybrid in-office/remote work week.
Product Care offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes professional development, RRSP matching program, and medical/dental group benefit coverage, along with a dynamic, team-based work environment and the satisfaction of knowing your efforts are making a positive difference for the environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the successful development, approval, implementation, and ongoing management of product stewardship programs including administration and operations,
- Manage, liaise, and build relationships with various stakeholders including government relations, industry members and associations, third party auditors and service providers,
- Regulatory filing, reporting, and compliance,
- Conduct research and analysis to develop strategies and find synergies for continuous improvement of program operations and performance,
- Proactively seek trends, challenges and develop effective solutions,
- Provide leadership, strategic/business planning, policy development and goal setting,
- Collaborate, manage, inspire, lead and foster growth within a passionate team
The successful candidate should be an enthusiastic and committed individual able to thrive in a fast-paced, and dynamic environment with the following attributes:
- Post-secondary education related to environmental studies, sustainability, engineering, business related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in management, waste management/recycling, stewardship would be an asset.
- Progressive organizational leader with strong business acumen and excellent project management skills with a proven track record.
- Strong leadership skills, strategic thinker, and tactical implementation skills.
- Superior organizational skills: detail oriented, good planning skills, excellent time management
- Skilled multi-tasker that works in a fast-paced environment and able to manage competing needs.
- Strong collaborator with excellent verbal and written communications skills (clear, concise, technical, professional).
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills, ability to build strong relationships and confident public speaker.
- Critical thinker with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Goal-oriented team player/team builder.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Ability to travel.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume in confidence to email@example.com quoting “Senior Program Manager” in the subject line. We sincerely, thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Product Care is an equal opportunity employer.