Job Posting: Human Resources Manager
Product Care Recycling is a not-for-profit organization that develops and manages dynamic recycling programs across North America. We are proud to develop, implement, and manage collection and recycling programs for post-consumer products, including paint, hazardous special products, lighting products, and smoke/CO alarms. Product Care’s members are the manufacturers, distributors, and retailers of these products, who support our efforts to recycle and protect the environment. Please visit productcare.org to learn more about us and our recycling programs.
About The Position
Our team at Product Care not only does great work, but we have a deep and abiding commitment to the environment. With this, we are searching for a like-minded, team-focused individual who is as passionate about supporting our employees as protecting the planet. As a member of the senior leadership team and reporting to the President, the HR Manager will be responsible for the overall human resources strategy and administration, supporting 70+ employees working out of our Vancouver, Delta, Toronto, and Montreal offices, and our recycling plant in Delta. The successful candidate will work out of our Vancouver office near 6th and Yukon Street and will visit our office and recycling plant in Delta periodically.
- Create programs for offices and recycling plant that support effective employee relations principles.
- Mentor and provide leadership of the overall employment practices for the organization.
- Plan and organize meetings and events for the offices and plant.
- Collaborate with the IT department to create an employee communication portal.
- Listen to, and be available to, employees’ ideas, suggestions, and concerns.
- Work with the President to foster a culture of collaboration and teamwork.
Strategic Recruitment and Planning
- Understand HR trends to attract and retain employees as well as make Product Care an
employer of choice.
- Work with the senior management team with HR planning through constant review of workforce demographics and employee market analysis.
- Create and update job descriptions for all departments as roles evolve.
- Provide direct support for recruitment of all positions, including developing recruitment strategies for new immigrants, students, etc.
- Plan and implement onboarding and training for all employees.
- Work with departments to create succession plans for all positions.
Training, Development, and Performance Management
- Create and or update Employee Orientation for employees.
- Create training opportunities to engage staff and promote retention.
- Create and manage the performance management program.
- Create opportunities to promote diversity and inclusion.
- Conduct exit interviews for exiting employees.
- Conduct employee engagement surveys and develop action plans based on the results.
- Administer letters of offer to employees, and set up and complete the onboarding process.
- Develop and update human resources policies and promote programs that align with organizational objectives. Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring provincial employment standards guidelines are followed throughout the company.
- Work closely with the management team to provide advice and support on human resource-related issues.
- Oversee office administration, including service contracts, and direct the Office Assistant’s duties and responsibilities.
Compensation, Benefits, and WorkSafe Administration
- Gather, review, and analyze non-profit associations and recycling industry information related to compensation.
- Create a competitive salary model, based on competencies and knowledge.
- Administer salary administration process.
- Review benefit plan annually and work with benefits provider to update contract. Review benefit enrollment forms, and work with the Payroll Administrator to ensure all documentation is in place and kept confidentially on file.
- Oversee WorkSafe BC claims management and experience rating.
- Administer all letters and keep in touch with employees related to workplace accidents, return to work plans, and related support to managers.
- Administer letters to employees on various leaves of absence, documenting return to work plans, leave of absence periods, etc.
Competencies & Skills
- Post-secondary education in human resources and administration, along with a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation.
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive human resources leadership experience.
- Clear and concise English language abilities, both written and verbal.
- A strong background in recruitment; in both execution and strategy development.
- Strong proficiency in all areas of Canadian employment laws.
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively partner with multiple leaders, providing effective guidance and challenging where appropriate.
- A great sense of humour with a passion for building a fun and collaborative environment.
Are You Our Ideal Candidate?
As this is a new position and a stand-alone HR role, you are someone who can work independently and as part of a team. You have a commonsense approach to coming up with ideas and solving problems. You are someone who takes initiative, knowing when to lead, when to listen, and when to follow. If you are a curious leader, who values collaborating with others, we want to hear from you.
What We Offer
- Product Care offers a competitive salary (full-time: $85,000 – $120,000 depending upon experience), and a comprehensive benefits package, including RRSP matching program, along with a dynamic, team-based work environment and the satisfaction of knowing your efforts are making a positive difference for the environment.
- Product Care has offices in Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal. This role will work out of our Vancouver office with some opportunity to work remotely.
- This could be a 4-day (32 hours per week) work role, for the right candidate, with a minimum of 3 days per week in the office.
Please apply by sending your cover letter – telling us about who you are and your past experience and resume, along with salary expectations, to Marion Janssen HR Consulting at email@example.com, by no later than Monday, November 13, 2023.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. This position is open to those legally able to work in Canada.