Product Care Association’s partners at ElectroRecycle are recruiting two temporary, full-time Summer Ambassador positions based out of Prince George, BC.
THE ULTIMATE SUMMER POSITION – GET PAID TO TRAVEL THE PROVINCE
How would you like the opportunity to spend the summer traveling Northern BC, and educating British Columbians about recycling and sustainability? Do you have great communication skills and a passion for the environment? Yes? Fantastic – we want to hear from you!
As an ambassador of the ElectroRecycle program, you will be working in a team of two driving throughout Northern BC. You will be tasked with public outreach including planning independent recycling collection events, attending community events, and visiting schools. Additionally, you will be the eyes and ears of the program, building relationships and collecting feedback from important stakeholders such as regional government officials, collection sites, and the retail community.
What you get to do
- Travel the province with a focus on northern, remote, and underserviced areas to attend community events, develop outreach opportunities while educating and raising awareness of the program
- Meet with recycling depots and local government to create a two-way dialogue about the program
- Regularly update ElectroRecycle’s social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & blog)
- Provide reports summarizing the activities and feedback from your travels to senior management
- Act as a spokesperson for ElectroRecycle (media training will be provided)
- Communicate with the internal team on a daily basis and keep them updated on any issues that arise
What the benefits are
- An opportunity to explore and engage with communities throughout Northern BC (travel to additional locations in BC may also be required in accordance with our needs)
- Flexible work environment, when you’re not on the road for events and/or meetings, you will work from the comfort of your own home
- Expenses provided for travel outside of Prince George including food and accommodation
- Portion of cell phone bill covered to fulfill job duties
- Laptop and camera provided
- Cargo Van (18 feet long) and fuel provided
What we are looking for
- You are enrolled or have completed post-secondary training in a relevant discipline or diploma such as marketing, communications, or environmental studies
- You hold a valid Class 5 driving license with a clean driver’s abstract and are comfortable driving an 18-foot-long Cargo Van
- You are responsible, fun, outgoing, and enthusiastic
- You are comfortable being the face of the program – appearing on social media is a must
- You are comfortable setting up for outdoor events and working in various weather conditions
- You are physically able to lift 50 pounds regularly
- You have a successful track record for working independently and as a collaborative team member
- You are comfortable creating content for social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and writing blog content
- You are an excellent communicator and a creative problem solver who isn’t afraid to think outside the box
- You are organized, punctual, and have a professional demeanor
- Photography and graphic design experience is an asset
- Previous experience in marketing, outreach, and/or sustainability is an asset
- COVID-19 Vaccination: as this is a public-facing role, it is our expectation that the successful candidates will be fully vaccinated or prepared to produce negative rapid testing results on a regular basis (at their own cost) so long as provincial and/or federal health orders are in place
Who we are
ElectroRecycle is BC’s small appliance and power tool recycling program managed by the Canadian Electrical Stewardship Association (CESA). It is the first small appliance-recycling program of its kind in Canada and the only government-approved small appliance-recycling program in BC. ElectroRecycle accepts +400 items ranging in size from microwaves to electric toothbrushes. For more information, please visit electrorecycle.ca.
How to contact us
To apply to be part of ElectroRecycle’s Summer Ambassador Team, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line ‘ElectroRecycle Ambassador 2022’
There are two positions available. This is a paid, full-time, contract position (40 hours per week). The start date is May 4th and the end date is August 24th, 2022.
The deadline to apply is March 7th, 2022.