How would you like to be part of a team of passionate marketers and communicators working for a well-established, national environmental not-for-profit? Your efforts will advance awareness and influence Canadians’ recycling behaviour, ultimately diverting waste from our landfills and waterways. Check us out at ProductCare.org.
About the Position
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who’s an expert at creating compelling digital content, and equally skilled at promoting and measuring a campaign’s success while optimizing it for continuous improvement. We’re looking for someone who knows how to analyze data to make strategic recommendations that can inform our overall public education strategy. The successful candidate will be a responsible and reliable self-starter who is eager to explore all digital marketing opportunities and loves to learn, test and improve.
The person in this role will oversee all aspects of Product Care’s digital marketing efforts including strategy, research, budgeting, content creation, A/B testing, analytics, reporting, and social media management. This digital marketing specialist will also be responsible for managing website updates.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Developing and implementing the annual digital marketing strategy, with support from the Communications Manager and Communications Director
- Organizing, tracking, and maintaining digital marketing budgets
- Managing all social media and paid advertising channels including content creation, engagement, advertising and reporting
- Working efficiently with Product Care’s graphic designer to ensure you have the best visuals necessary to execute the work
- Working with and providing information to other team members – teaching them about digital marketing and explaining how your work supports the larger organizational goals and strategy
- Maintaining a working relationship with the website development agency, reviewing website performance and working with the Communications Manager and Director to determine any necessary improvements or upkeep
- Evaluating SEO of our websites and making necessary improvements
- Developing, implementing, and managing paid campaign strategies across multiple platforms (Google Search & Display, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- A/B testing the effectiveness of different on-brand messaging and imagery with varying audiences
- Providing digital marketing support and reporting for Product Care’s client programs
- Staying on top of digital marketing trends and best practices and sharing them with the team; learning and improving upon best practices, tactics and skills
- Generating reports to determine ROI of activities and ensuring digital KPIs are being met
- Evaluating and identifying the effectiveness of key channels and any new opportunities on an ongoing basis to inform the digital marketing strategy
- Supporting other departmental or organizational initiatives, as identified by the Communications Manager and Director
Qualifications & Previous Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in a digital marketing role including SEO, SEM, keyword development, targeting, A/B testing, conversion rate tracking, reporting, optimization, social media management, etc.
- Google AdWords and Google Analytics certifications (or willingness to obtain both prior to start-date). Google Tag Manager experience an asset.
- Experience developing content calendars, scheduling content, managing social media accounts and multiple ad accounts
- Experience analyzing and reporting on digital metrics, spotting patterns and making recommendations (familiarity with Google Data Studio for reporting would be an asset)
- Familiarity updating websites on platforms like WordPress (no coding required)
- Experience managing complex budgets
- An effective written communicator across various media, including proofreading spelling and grammar, writing long form blogs, copywriting snappy social media posts, and interpreting numbers into written reports
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and good at managing up – nothing slips through the cracks on your watch
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment with multiple projects on the go at any given time, and can effectively manage competing priorities
- An understanding of numbers with the ability to make data- and research-driven recommendations
- Independent and self-motivated
- A proactive self-starter who easily spots opportunities for continuous improvement and knows how to action on them
- A strong commitment to deadlines and taking projects from concept to implementation
This is a permanent full-time position currently accommodating remote work, subject to approval, due to COVID-19. Product Care’s brand-new office is located near Olympic Village in Vancouver. All Product Care staff will eventually move to a minimum two-day a week in-office model, with start dates to be determined. Typical hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm, with occasional evening and weekend work. Compensation is commensurate with experience. To apply, please subject a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Digital Marketing Specialist”.