Based in the Olympic Village/Mount Pleasant area of Vancouver, BC, Product Care Recycling is a not-for-profit industry organization that develops and manages recycling programs across Canada. Please visit productcare.org to learn more about us.
Product Care is looking for a skilled professional for the role of Communications Manager, to oversee and assist with the development and implementation of a full range of communications and social marketing initiatives to support our programs.
The successful candidate will possess a post-secondary diploma or degree in communications or public relations, along with a proven track record of strategic and proactive communications and a minimum of five years’ experience in this area.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Researching, developing and implementing comprehensive communications plans, with a focus on awareness building – ensuring plans meet KPIs, regulatory requirements and stakeholder commitments
Effectively managing large, complex budgets for multiple clients/programs
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading ability, with attention to detail and ability to write for a range of formats, from digital ad copy to annual reports
- Ability to use appropriate voice for different target audiences
- Working with media, including writing, pitching, and tracking results
- Using media monitoring tools such as Meltwater
- Securing earned media coverage and booking paid advertising
- Managing stakeholder issues and engaging key service partners
- Solid understanding of social media, including FB, Twitter, Instagram and blogs
- Understanding of analytics and metrics
- Obtaining appropriate input and approvals from managers, other departments and relevant stakeholders in a timely manner
- Managing a variety of external vendors, including printers, graphic designers and agency partners
- Managing and coaching direct reports
- Strong service-orientation, with ability to work well with staff and stakeholders, and is highly confident and independent
- Some internal communications will be required
Bonus if you:
- Speak and write French
- Have working experience in extended producer responsibility and/or waste management
Product Care offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a dynamic, team-based work environment.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Communications Manager” in the subject. We thank all that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.