Based in the Olympic Village/Mount Pleasant area of Vancouver, BC, Product Care Recycling is a not-for-profit industry organization that develops and manages recycling programs across Canada. Please visit productcare.org to learn more about us.
Product Care is looking for a skilled Communications Coordinator to assist on a full range of communications tactics, including media relations, social marketing, and event planning and execution. This is a contract position ending July 31, 2020, with the possibility for extension at the end of the contract term.
The successful candidate will possess a post-secondary diploma or degree in communications or public relations, along with a proven track record of broad communications experience and a minimum of two years’ experience in this area.
Experience in the following areas are required:
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading ability, with attention to detail and ability to write for a range of formats, from social media to press releases
- Ability to use appropriate voice for different target audiences
- Expertise in social media community management, including writing and scheduling content, responding to followers in a timely and professional manner, growing audiences, and analysing data
- Experience working with media, including writing press releases, proactively pitching reporters, developing key messages, coordinating interviews, and tracking results of media coverag
- Experience with a media monitoring tool (e.g. Meltwater)
- Experience in event planning, logistics and execution
- Ability to track budgets accurately and manage projects on schedule
- Experience working with graphic designers and external vendors
- Strong service-orientation, with ability to work well with staff and stakeholders
- Some internal communications will be required
- Occasional evening and/or weekend work will be required for events
Bonus if you have:
- Experience in extended producer responsibility and/or waste management
- Experience using Google Analytics
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign & Illustrator)
- Ability to speak and write French
- Product Care offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a dynamic, team-based work environment.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Communications Coordinator” in the subject. We thank all that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.